Pastors, need a quick boost of insight? Join our free monthly Ministry Models Teleconference the 1st Wednesday of each month at 1pm Central time.
The topic for September 7 – Time Management. The three Ministry Model tips for discussion are:
MM#1 – cesbp+1-4 Formula
MM#2 – Immediate Distraction Evaluation
MM#3 – One Minute Manager
Call 515-604-9000; Access Code 540330
Through the years I’ve had several hundred pastors ask if I could be their mentor. My heart wants to say “yes” but my schedule causes me to say “I’ll help in whatever way I can.” Last year the Lord gave me the idea of a monthly teleconference where I can mentor all who would like to listen in and sometimes join in the conversation. Minner Labrador, the Southwestern Union Ministerial Director has joined me in this project.
MODEL = Making Our Difficulties Easy & Light!
In pastoral ministry, just like in everyday life, there are skills, systems and models we can learn and healthy habits we can develop. When you learn a simple SYSTEM you Save Yourself Stress, Time, Energy & Money. When we learn an effective MODEL we Make Our Difficulties Easy & Light! That’s why we are calling this “Ministry Models” Teleconference. The ideas that are shared and discussed aren’t the only way something can be done, but through the Holy Spirit’s influence you can find something to adapt to your situation that will help you become more effective in the mission Jesus has called you to do.
Here’s the format:
- First 30 Minutes – Present and discuss the Topic of the Month (see list below), including three specific tips or models that can be adapted by any pastor to be more effective in ministry. Each tip/model will be presented for five minutes then discussed for five minutes before moving to the next tip/model.
- Second 30 Minutes – Open phone on any topic in response to any questions that are asked by pastors through text, email, or phone conversation.
- Instructions will be given on the teleconference on how and where to send questions and comments.
Who is this for?
This is designed for current Seventh-day Adventist pastors, seminarians and theology/religion college majors. This is our priority. But it is open to other Seventh-day Adventist church workers, lay leaders and non-Adventist clergy. Feel free to invite your colleagues to join us, too.
The topics below will rotate between these general categories – Personal/Family, Soul Winning and Pastoring. We will post notes for each teleconference.
- September – Time Management
- October – Increasing Your Baptisms
- November – Preaching Calendar
- December – Goal Setting & Accomplishment
- January – Baptism Preparation
- February – Nominating Committee
- March – Family Time
- April – Finding Interests
- May – Church Board Meetings
- June – New District – Starting Well
- July – New Member Orientation
- August – Mobilizing Members in Ministry
Please join us by phone (whether walking, driving, eating or studying) and let’s see what the Lord does to help us each succeed in our daily walk with Him, all our relationships including our families, and in our ministry and mission.