The Lord has a great plan for your church family! Your little church can impact eternity for Jesus!
“A company of believers may be poor, uneducated, and unknown; yet in Christ they may do a work in the home, the neighborhood, the church, and even in “the regions beyond,” whose results shall be as far-reaching as eternity.” The Desire of Ages 640.4
Here are five crucial areas to examine and strengthen in your congregation.
- No disconnected guests. How do you make sure that when a person visits your church there is someone who will connect with them, help them feel comfortable and get them introduced to others? Who will offer to give them Bible studies so they can learn transforming Bible truths for the last days? Who will invite them to join a group where they can find fellowship, encouragement and spiritual growth?
- No dormant disciples. The Lord doesn’t call people to just sit in church. What is being done to help people discover their gifts and passions and put them to work for Jesus?
- No dead space. How can you eliminate dead space during the worship service so it has a natural flow and people aren’t distracted from connecting with God through the various parts of the service?
- No dry baptistries. Do you fill your baptistry on a regular basis to be sure it still works? Does everyone know when the next few baptisms are scheduled so they can encourage people to make their decision?
- No diminished prayers. Is it common to see people praying with each other in your church facilities? When people pray in church, is it clear they believe in a God who loves them, listens to them and has the power and wisdom to answer their prayers in the best way in the light of eternity?
As you reflect on these points and questions personally and with your church family the Lord will show you areas to revitalize and/or strengthen your witness to your community.