“‘The Great Controversy’ should be very widely circulated. It contains the story of the past, the present, and the future. In its outline of the closing scenes of this earth’s history, it bears a powerful testimony in behalf of the truth. I am more anxious to see a wide circulation for this book than for any others I have written; for in The Great Controversy, the last message of warning to the world is given more distinctly than in any of my other books.” Publishing Ministry, p. 358
- The Destruction of Jerusalem
- Persecution in the First Centuries
- An Era of Spiritual Darkness
- The Waldenses
- John Wycliffe
- Huss and Jerome
- Luther’s Separation From Rome
- Luther Before the Diet
- The Swiss Reformer
- Progress of Reform in Germany
- Protest of the Princes
- The French Reformation
- The Netherlands and Scandinavia
- Later English Reformers
- The Bible and the French Revolution
- The Pilgrim Fathers
- Heralds of the Morning
- An American Reformer
- Light Through Darkness
- A Great Religious Awakening
- A Warning Rejected
- Prophecies Fulfilled
- What is the Sanctuary?
- In the Holy of Holies
- God’s Law Immutable
- A Work of Reform
- Modern Revivals
- Facing Life’s Record
- The Origin of Evil
- Enmity Between Man and Satan
- Agency of Evil Spirits
- Snares of Satan
- The First Great Deception
- Can Our Dead Speak to Us?
- Liberty of Conscience Threatened
- The Impending Conflict
- The Scriptures a Safeguard
- The Final Warning
- The Time of Trouble
- God’s People Delivered
- Desolation of the Earth
- The Controversy Ended
The Great Controversy is a book that gives a Bible-based outline of church history and Bible prophecy stretching from the Fall of Jerusalem in 70 AD to the final events of earth and beyond.
Since it was written in the 1800s it has been published in many languages and titles.
The book is excellent for personal reading, family worship, study groups, prayer meetings, etc. Read it and share it with friends. You can purchase copies at www.adventistbookcenter.com or www.remnantpublications.com. Call 800-423-1319 for large quantity pricing.
Click here to read more background on the writing of the book, including Satan’s effort to kill Ellen White before she could write what God had revealed to her.
Sample One Year Study Plan
|Month||Bible Reading Bookmark Theme||Great Controversy Chapters||Sample Prayer Meeting Study Plan*|
God’s Holy Word: Is It Still Worth Dying For?
America in Prophecy: The Beginning of the End
Cracking the Code: Behind Enemy Lines
|August||Fighting Fear||2-3, 33-34|
|September||Pressure to Conform||35-36, 27|
|October||Walking in Truth||1, 37, 25-26||October-December|
The World Out of Control: How It Will End
|November||Final Events||28, 38-39|
|December||Home at Last||40-42|
(Back of Bible Reading Bookmark)
* Each of the four books can be distributed at church to each household in the congregation the last two Sabbaths of the quarter before it is studied. Books not picked up can be taken to homes of the remaining members the first few Sabbaths of each new quarter by church volunteers. You can also distribute books to community religious leaders.